Block Management Services
Block Management is our speciality. We provide residential block management services in accordance with the terms of the lease for leaseholders. We will meet statutory requirements including; the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 and Companies Act 2006.
1. Service Charges and Ground Rent demands:
• Issue of Ground Rent demands.
• Issue of Service Charges demands.
• Issue of Administration Charges.
2. Collection of debts
• Collection of monies due from leaseholders including reminders and final notices.
• Issue of County Court summons if required.
• Letters to mortgage companies.
• Issue of Charging Orders.
3. Accounting Records
• Maintenance of accounting records – making these available to leaseholders and independent auditors as required.
• Maintenance of Service charge payment records.
• Preparation of agreed annual budgets and forward forecasts including sinking funds and reserve accounts.
• Maintenance of dedicated client bank account details of which are provided to leaseholders on request.
• Payment of contractor’s invoices and other expenditure.
• Arrangement of buildings insurance.
• Arrangement of directors and officers insurance.
• Dealing with insurance claims.
• Provide details of insurance to leaseholders.
5. Site maintenance
• Preparation and annual review of forward maintenance programme
• Regular site inspections.
• Organization of contract cleaning and gardening.
• Organization of minor or reactive maintenance and repair of structure and common parts including grounds.
• Maintenance and review of Contractors’ insurance cover to ensure that they have current Public Liability insurance.
• Specification, tendering, running and supervision of larger maintenance and repair contracts where Section 20 Notices are required.
• Meet the requirements of the 2010 Equality Act with relation to common parts
6. Correspondence & Meetings
• Maintenance of leaseholder contact details and correspondence
• Calling, chairing (if required) and preparation of minutes of Annual General Meeting of the Residents Management Company.
• Attendance at up to two directors meetings per year.
• Telephone calls and emails to and from leaseholders, contractors etc.
• Issue of notices in respect of breaches of lease.
7. Company Secretarial
• Filling the role of Company Secretary for the Residents Management Company.
• Company Secretary services as appropriate (maintaining records and statutory registers of members or shareholders, and directors, calling meetings and preparing notices and minutes
• Issuing member and or shareholder certificates, completing and submitting Annual Return to Companies House etc..
• We set-up and maintain a dedicated website for all the sites that we act as the Block Management Company. The website will include copies of insurance documents, annual accounts, expenditure year to date, expenditure forecasts, correspondence, notices and other useful information.
• Dealing with disputes and complaints from or between leaseholders
• Having responsibility for risk management and health and safety generally at the client property. Compliance with fire, electrical and asbestos safety requirements in the common parts.
• Storage of company legal documents and accounting records and up to one box of archive material.
We do not:
Charge or receive commissions on insurance or from contractors for any of the blocks that we manage.
Block Management – How can we help?
We provide residential block management services and can advise on Right To Manage including RTM company formations.
Please see the Lease Advice website on Choosing a Block Managing Agent